GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - There's a delicious twist to pumpkin pie in Thursday's cooking with KARE.
Chef Crystal Morris from Capital Grille showed us how to make pumpkin cheesecake with gingerbread crust. She also talked about a special menu for Thanksgiving at the restaurant.
The Capital Grille, located in the heart of the Hennepin Theatre District at 801 Hennepin Avenue on LaSalle Plaza in Minneapolis, will be open for Thanksgiving for the first time.
The restaurant's regular menu plus Thanksgiving specials will be available. Enjoy the Capital Grille's delicious Thanksgiving specials or select from its regular menu.
Reservations are still available. For more information or to make reservations, call 612-692-9000 or Minneapolis@tcgdine.com.
Pumpkin Cheese Cake with Gingerbread Crust
Yield: 126 oz. or 7.5#
Cream Cheese, softened 3.75#
Granulated sugar 3 c
Sour Cream 1 lb.
Ricotta Cheese ½ lb.
Pumpkin, puree 15 oz.
Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed 1/3 cup (strained through fine chinois)
Pure Vanilla Extract 2 Tbsp.
Whole Eggs 1.75 cups
Cinnamon, ground 1 tsp.
Nutmeg, ground 1 tsp.
All Spice, ground ½ tsp.
1. Pre-heat convection oven to 275 degrees F
2. Add softened cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together with a paddle attachment on low for one minute
3. Scrape down bowl and paddle, add sour cream and ricotta cheese, mix on speed one for one minute
4. Scrape down bowl and paddle, add lemon juice and vanilla, mix one minute on speed one
5. Scrape down bowl and paddle, add eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice and mix one minute, scrape down bowl and mix additional minute
6. Pour enough prepared batter into desired crust so that batter is 1/8 "away from the top of crust. Cake will rise slightly during cooking and settle while cooling at room temperature. (if using pre-made Graham Cracker Crust - batter will make approx. 4 pies) *** If batter has been refrigerated, it must be allowed to temper at room temperature one hour prior to baking***
7. Place a baking rack in base of a pan.
8. Pour enough warm water in the base of the pan to come up to, but not over, the baking rack
9. Cover the pan and place cheese cake in 275 degree F oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Check the cheese cakes, they may need an additional 15 minutes
Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before refrigerating
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)