BLOOMINGTON, Minn. -- Actor Howie Mandel will be headlining this year's Laugh Out Loud Twin Cities on Saturday Sept. 28 at the Radisson Blu Mall of America.
Laugh Out Loud is a fundraising event hosted by Gillette to raise money for their Children's Specialty Healthcare fund. Tickets range in price from $100 to $300 and include various events including:
- Spotlight Dinner: A VIP event including dinner, wine, live auction, and a fund-a-need auction.
- Opening Act Party: An interactive fundraising party with a cash bar, mini auction, martini walk, and more.
- Howie Mandel Stand-Up Comedy Show.
- Punch Line After Party: dessert and refreshment buffet with live music by Dutch singer-songwriter Dutch Ann, and a raffle to win tickets to "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" in New York City.
The $300 ticket will get you into the spotlight dinner, opening act party, Howie Mandel comedy show and the punch line after party. The $250 package includes the spotlight dinner, opening act party, and the Howie Mandel comedy show. For $150, you get into the opening act, Howie Mandel and after party, and finally $100 will include opening act and Howie Mandel.
Tickets may be purchased online at LOLTwinCities.org.
Chef Paul Lynch from Firelake Grill House Mall of America was in the kitchen at KARE to share one of the recipes that will be featured at the Spotlight Dinner Sept. 28.
Brussels sprouts with caramelized onions, oven dried mushrooms and hazelnuts:
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts -- blanched, quartered
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil -- melted
- 1 onion -- Julienned
- 3 ounces hazelnuts --
- 3 ounces oven dried mushrooms
- 2 ounces White Balsamic Vinegar
- sea Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
1 Trim stem end of Brussels sprouts. Discard wilted outside leaves. Boil in salted water until cooked thru (about 6 minutes) until just tender.
2 Shock in ice water half the cooled sprouts.
3 Tear your mix of forest mushrooms into 1" pieces; coat with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
4 Place on sheet pan and roast in 375 degree oven until dried, browned around the edges and crispy.
5 Remove from oven and hold for service.
For service, in a large skillet over medium high heat caramelize the onion in olive oil. Remove from the pan, place in a bowl, mix with hazelnuts and oven dried mushrooms, hold warm.
In the same skillet over high heat lightly brown the Brussels sprouts, add the onion-mushroom- hazelnut mix, too.
Deglaze with white balsamic vinegar. Season with salt & pepper.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)