Mango Chile Marinated Pork Skewers
3 cups mango juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
One 4-pound pork loin, cut into one-inch cubes
¼ cup Myer's Rum
16 metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 2 hours
Steamed White Rice to serve.
1. Combine all ingredients except for pork and the Myer's Rum in a blender and pulse until mixture is smooth.
2. Place the cubed pork in a large glass bowl and pound marinade over the pork. Cover the bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade and set aside. Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and add the Myer's rum. Bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes. You can now use the marinade as a basting and dipping sauce for the pork.
4. Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
5. Skewer the pork on the metal or soaked wooden skewers.
6. Grill pork until browned evenly on at least 2 sides, basting with reserved sauce.
7. Serve the Mango Grilled Pork with remaining sauce and steamed rice.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )