Click here to nominate an outstanding volunteer you know.
The Eleven Who Care program recognizes the amazing efforts of volunteers and promotes the spirit of volunteerism that is so important to this community.
Each year 11 grassroots volunteers are recognized through this program, and KARE 11 is honored to tell each and every story. Since its inception, the program has recognized over 286 outstanding volunteers.
Their individual stories air throughout the year on KARE 11 newscasts. Each month a different honoree is featured during a special "Eleven Who Care KARE 11 Extra." In addition, an $1,100 donation to a non-profit organization in each honoree's name.
The 2009-2010 Eleven Who Care Honorees are:
- Phil Byrne - volunteer at the Ronald M. Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning and Bridging, Inc.
- Sylvester Escamilla - volunteer with the Service League of Hennepin County Medical Center
- Leon & Susan Godeke - volunteers with The Salvation Army and Store to Door
- Dave Harmann - volunteer with Friendship Ventures
- Vern Janssen - volunteer with the Carver County Sheriffs Office
- John Mastel - volunteer with Bethesda and St. Joseph's Hospital
- Anne Melchert - volunteer with Fiesta Time
- Kelly Moore - volunteer with Treasured Chests and the HealthEast Breast Center
- Jean Nowak - volunteer with Sharing & Caring Hands
- Jo Senander - volunteer with the Thanksgiving Day Free Store and STEP
- Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center Auxiliary - volunteer organization affiliated with the Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center
If you know an outstanding volunteer, nominate them today. Nomination forms will be collected throughout the year. To download a nomination form, click here. This form can be completed online and then printed. Unfortunately we are not able to accept nomination forms via e-mail at this time.
Each year, the honorees are selected by the Eleven Who Care Board of Governors. The current members of the Eleven Who Care Board of Governors are:
- Robert Bruininks, University of Minnesota President
- Charles Fazio, M.D., Medica Vice President & Chief Medical Officer
- Mark Jeter, TCF Bank Minnesota President
- Bruce Nicholson, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans President & CEO
- Christopher Policinski, Land O'Lakes CEO & President
- John Remes, KARE 11 President & General Manager
(Copyright 2009 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)