ROSEVILLE, Minn. - A group of generous donors is trying to light a fire under those who would give to the Salvation Army this holiday season.
Here it is, in a nutshell: Three days, three times the impact.
All donations made to the Twin Cities Salvation Army will be tripled between Thursday, Dec. 20, and Saturday, Dec. 22, thanks to a $1 million matching gift provided by several anonymous donors.
"That means a $50 gift is tripled to $150, a $100 gift multiplies to $300, and so on," said Major Jeff Strickler, Commander of the Twin Cities Salvation Army. "Through this three-day match, our supporters can triple the amount of good their donation achieves."
With Christmas just five days away the Twin Cities Salvation Army has raised only $5 million, just over half its Christmas fundraising goal of $9.8 million.
To triple your gift Dec. 20-22, the Salvation Army urges donors to do any of the following:
- Give online at SalvationArmyNorth.org
- Donate at any of 400 Twin Cities kettle sites
- Donate stock or IRA funds by calling 651-746-3505
- Call 800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769)
- Mail a check - postmarked 12/20, 12/21 or 12/22 - to: The Salvation Army, 2445 Prior Ave. N., Roseville, MN 55113
- Text the word "Blessing" to 80888 to provide a $10 donation, payable on your cell phone bill. (For terms, see www.igfn.org/t.)
For more information about The Salvation Army, visit SalvationArmyNorth.org. Find us on social media at Facebook.com/SalvationArmyNorth and Twitter at @salarmynorth.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )