GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Thousands of people on the east coast are still struggling with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. While most have found shelter, many are still without electricity and essential items.
KARE 11 has teamed up with C.H. Robinson and Call to Action, a group of local women on a mission, to help fill those needs. Bring personal care & essential items to KARE 11 on Thursday, November 15 to help get the people on the east coast back on their feet.
- Thursday, November 15
- 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- KARE 11 in Golden Valley (8811 Olson Memorial Highway) - South parking lot
For this drive, we are looking for personal care and essential items. Accepted items include:
- Baby Care - Diapers, wipes, baby food, formula, bottles, baby bath, blankets, pacifiers, diaper cream,
- Hygiene/Personal Care - shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, contact solution, shaving items, lip balm, lotion, hand sanitizer, soap, tampons, pads, Depends, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair brushes
- Cleaning Supplies - garbage bags, dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaners, sponges, mops, bleach, work gloves, buckets, wash cloths, Clorox wipes, Spray bottles
- School Supplies - Pencils, folders, erasers, glue, notebooks, crayons
- Paper Products - Paper towels, Toilet paper, tissues, cups, plates
- Other - Batteries, Blankets, Flashlights, Cat & Dog food, First Aid kits, Band aids, hats, mittens/gloves, general winterwear (coats, boots, etc.)
All donated items must be new. We will not be accepting clothing or food.
Collected items will be delivered to Tinton Falls, New Jersey, and distributed with the assistance of Holiday Express.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All rights reserved.)