GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn-- Bucca di Beppo's chef Marcelo Cordoza appeared on KARE News@4 to share his 9 layer lasagna.
Thursday, July 29 is National Lasagna Day -- and Buca di Beppo will be holding its second annual National Lasagna Day celebration offering free Lasagna. With the purchase of any Buca pasta dish or entree, guests will receive a FREE lasagna.
Buca di Beppo's 9 Layer Lasagna
Marinara - 4 ounces
Pasta Sheets - 9 each
Meat Sauce - 70 ounces
Ricotta Cheese - 2¾ pounds
Provolone Cheese, shredded - 6 ounces
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded - 6 ounces
Parmesan Cheese, grated - 2 ounces
Italian Parsley, chopped - as needed
1. Preheat an oven to 350°.
2. Use a 4" deep pan and line with a plastic pan saver.
3. Place all of the marinara evenly on the bottom of the pan over the plastic.
4. Place a pasta sheet on the marinara.
5. Ladle 10 ounces of meat sauce over the pasta sheet and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese over the meat sauce.
6. Add another pasta sheet over the meat sauce and repeat step 5. After the second layer of meat sauce is down, cover with a pasta sheet and proceed.
7. Evenly spread 22 ounces of the ricotta cheese over the pasta sheet.
8. Top the ricotta cheese with half of the shredded provolone and half of the shredded mozzarella.
9. Cover the cheeses with a sheet of pasta and even out the ricotta under the pasta by gently pressing down with your hands.
10. Repeat step 5 three more times to get three more layers of meat sauce. Place a sheet of pasta down each time after the meat sauce is spread evenly and topped with Parmesan cheese.
11. Repeat steps 7 - 9, creating another layer of the cheese filling.
12. Repeat step 5 for the remaining two layers. The top of the ninth pasta sheet should be covered with meat sauce and Parmesan cheese.
13. Wrap the pan with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
14. Bake at 350° for approximately 2½ hours or until an internal temperature of 165° is reached. While baking, turn the pan every 30 minutes to insure even cooking.
15. Allow the lasagna to cool down to an internal temperature of 145° - approximately 30 - 40 minutes. This will help the lasagna to set up.
16. Portion pieces as needed. Cut and lift pieces out of the pan and top with sauce and cheese.
17. Brown cheese if desired, garnish with chopped Italian parsley and serve!