GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - We already learned how to get a quick workout in during your lunch break, but what if you can't leave your desk to take that break?
Fitness expert, Chris Freytag, visited KARE 11 Sunrise, to show us some simple ways to exercise at the office, even right at your desk.
- Chair squats: Stand in front of your office chair with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees as though you're sitting on the chair, keeping your weight on your heels. Just before you buns hit the chair, slowly rise to your original standing position.
- Calf raises: Holding onto your desk for balance, lift and lower your heels stretching out the calves and achilles.
- Push ups: Try them against your desk or a wall.
- Ab crunches: While sitting in your chair, do some v-up crunches and spine twists
- Chest and shoulder stretch: Sit in your chair and interlace your fingers behind you. Stretch and open up through the front of your body
- Neck and side stretches: Release your neck forward and back and look side to side. For side stretches, reach up overhead and bend to the side. Do both sides.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)