Rat poison found at Crystal dog park

10:13 AM, Sep 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CRYSTAL, Minn. -- After finding rat poison at a Crystal dog park, police are asking anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call authorities.

According to Officer Lisa Vague, a man was walking his dog at the Welcome Dog Park in Crystal Saturday when he noticed his dog grabbed something with his mouth and began chewing.

When the owner took the object away from the dog, he realized it was rat poison. 

After the owner called 911, police and Animal Control arrived and confirmed that it was rat poison that someone had placed in the park.

Police say the dog had not ingested any of the poison and is uninjured. 

Officials searched Welcome Dog Park Sunday morning and say they didn't find any more poison.

 

 

According to authorities, they do not have any suspects in custody.  They are asking anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call police.

(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos