GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- In today's economy, it isn't easy to find a job. So how can you give yourself the best chance to find a position? Cold calling may be a solution.
Jeremy Berg from BERG Professional Staffing discussed what that means and how to best use it.
Here are his suggestions:
1. Take the initiative to call a company to see if they are hiring by starting with companies that were/are:
- Close to home
- Interesting to you
2. Take the time to stop by a company and find out if they are hiring. Why would you do this?
- Companies have internal job postings
- Find out the company environment
- Possibly meet the decision maker
For more information about Jeremy and BERG Professional Staffing, check out bergstaffing.com.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)