GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Brent Nelson from Verizon Wireless is here today to tell us about some cool apps that will help take the pain out of the pump.
• According to the American Automobile Association, gas prices are rising at an average of two cents a day.
• With Americans' three trillion annual miles in their cars, those with smartphones like the DROID 4 by Motorola, or tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7 and new Apple iPad®, are poised to save the most on the price of fuel.
• The number of apps available on the Apple, Android and RIM market are well into the hundred thousand and continue to grow each day.
• Gas Mileage Calculator helps drivers figure out their car's gas mileage and cost per mile. Users simply enter the number from their last fill-up and press the calculate button to see the results.
- Available on Android
• The very popular Gas Buddy shows users the lowest price gas in their desired area. Users who report gas prices can be eligible for points toward prize-giveaways.
- Available on Android, Apple, Blackberry & Windows
• Navigation systems such as VZ Navigator, updated every 60 seconds using 1.8 billion traffic probes, offer turn-by-turn traffic and detours, helping drivers discover the most efficient ways to get to their destinations, avoiding wasted fuel usage. It also shows local gas prices (includes distance from current location and address) without initiating a search.
- Available on Verizon Wireless mobile devices; available for download on Android, Apple, BlackBerry, Palm and Windows devices
- Ranges from $.99 for a one-time use to $9.99/per device for monthly use
For more information about the products, visit verizonwireless.com.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE 11. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)