(GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.) - The Minnesota Orchestra announced the cancellation of concerts through April 27, 2013 as contract settlements with musicians have not been reached after nearly a year of ongoing negotiations.
Ticketholders are being offered the option to exchange tickets for future concerts or be granted a full refund.
"We will soon mark one full year since the start of negotiations, and we renw our call to the musicians to issue a counterproposal that helps resolve the Orchestra's financial challenges," Minnesota Orchestra Board Chair Jon Campbell stated in a press release.
Cancelled concerts include:
- Sudbin Plays Beethoven, April 11 - 13
- Inside the Classics: Romeo and Juliet, April 19
- Wicked Divas of Broadway, April 20
- Stanislaw Skrowaczewski and Erin Keefe, April 25 and 26
Rescheduled concerts include:
- YP: Appalachian Spring, rescheduled for April 22, 23 and 28, 2014
- Bobby McFerrin, rescheduled for April 19, 2014
For more information about cancelled and rescheduled concerts, visit the Minnesota Orchestra website.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)