How would you like to lose weight and improve your health in the new year? It could happen if you enter the take KARE of your HEALTH Challenge, presented by Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. Here's your chance to shed those unwanted pounds with plenty of help and encouragement from Seattle Sutton's! The deadline to enter is Friday, Jan. 22nd at noon.
Eleven contestants will be selected to compete in this once-in-a-lifetime weight-loss opportunity. Each contestant will receive 14 weeks of delicious Seattle Sutton's meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), plus a 4-month membership to Anytime Fitness. The contestant who loses the most weight will be on their way to Kalahari Resort and Spa in Wisconsin Dells!
KARE 11 will track the contestants on their quest to slim down and shape up via TV and internet stories.
If you would like to be considered for this weight-loss challenge, you must:
- Submit your story - who you are, your history with weight loss, how many pounds you want to lose.
- Submit a current photo and all contact information: first and last name, home address, email address, phone number, etc. Your photo MUST be labeled with your first and last name. Click here for help on uploading your photo. Please label your photo with your first and last name.
- Attend a kickoff meeting and monthly weigh-ins at KARE 11 in Golden Valley. You must be willing to be videotaped for news stories and consider making live TV appearances on Showcase Minnesota or KARE 11 News at 4.
- Be available for a pre-interview with Seattle Sutton's.
- Be dedicated and willing to stay on the Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating program for 14 weeks.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Blog regularly about your experience of losing weight and getting fit.
- Be willing to have blood work done, once at the beginning and once at the end of the program, to measure cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure.
You must read the official rules and requirements before uploading your information below. Eleven contestants will be selected by a panel of judges to participate in the 14-week program. KARE 11 staff does not participate in the panel's final selection of contestants. Successful entrants/contestants are required to meet a series of criteria, established by health experts. The winner of the take KARE of your HEALTH Challenge will be the contestant who has lost the largest percentage of their body weight. For a complete list of rules and regulations, please visit here.
(Copyright 2009 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)