David Schultz - Hamline University professor
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Hamline University professor David Schultz joined Kim and Tim on KARE 11 Sunrise with a light-hearted holiday wish list for some of our local politicans
Here is David Schultz's list of holiday presents and New Year's wishes some politicians or ex-politicians would like. The list is both for Christmas and what they would like to see or receive next year.
- Barack Obama: 60th vote on health care; a healthcare bill passed by Congress; 7% unemployment rate
- Tim Pawlenty: Increased name recognition in the Republican Party; adoption of a constitutional amendment to limit spending.
- Sen. Amy Klobachar: A Minnesota vacancy on the federal courts (so she can help name a replacement); Approval of Sharon Lubinski as U.S. Marshall.
- Michelle Bachmann: Enough Minnesotans to fill out their census form in 2010 so that the state retains all eight of its congressional seats (if we lose a seat due to redistricting she stands a good chance of being out of a job).
- Jim Oberstar: A bridge (money for more transportation projects). Ex MN Senator Dick Day: State Legislature adopts Racino.
- House Speaker Margaret Kelliher: Passage of a large bonding bill to reduce state unemployment.
- Mayor Chris Coleman: Money for pond hockey for downtown St Paul in the bonding bill.(In 2008 Pawlenty nixed the idea to forgive $30 million in St Paul loans that would have funded the pond hockey arena).
- Mayor R.T. Rybak: No more LGA cuts.
- Norm Coleman: No gubernatorial frontrunner to emerge in the Republican Party so that he can enter the race.
(Copyright 2009 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)