Hailey Bade waited through some long months to meet her new twin sisters.
Her Mom, Heather, had a tough pregnancy, early labor and bed rest, and with three-year-old Hailey and her husband Chad, counted the days when Heather's doctor said she could deliver.
"Monday he told me, 'Wednesday's the day,'" Heather said.
But just as they finally welcomed babies Abby and Allie, Chad and Heather lost something else
"I was pretty excited," Heather said. "And then we got the bad news."
"It was just a big shock," Chad said. "I didn't know what to think."
Just hours after delivery, into Heather's recovery room walked an unexpected guest.
"A police officer came to the room," Heather said.
The same emergency crew who had just brought Heather to the hospital had turned right back to the Bade's house for another call, this time to help contain the raging fire that eventually destroyed their home.
"There wasn't a whole lot left to save," Chad said.
"I thought, 'What am I going to do?'" said Heather. "The house is gone, the baby stuff is gone."
The blaze gutted the Bade's house, with fire taking most of their home, and smoke and water ruining the rest.
"Everything was gone," Chad said. "Everything."
Everything, except what was at the hospital: three small daughters, two new lives, and one fresh start.
"I can't wait to find a home so we can finally bring them home," Chad said.
(Copyright 2007 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)