Man dies after house fire in southwest Minn.

5:11 PM, Jan 16, 2009   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

HOLLOWAY, Minn. -- A 75-year-old man has died after rescuing his female companion and severely disabled son from a house fire in southwestern Minnesota.

The Swift County sheriff's office says Charles Brown got his 76-year-old companion and 27-year-old son out of the house moments before the fire spread into the house from the garage.

Local residents and emergency personnel helped get Charles Brown out of the house in Holloway just before he collapsed Thursday morning.

Preliminary indications are that Brown died as a result of a massive heart attack. Investigators say the fire was started by an improperly installed propane heater in the garage.

The fire was fueled by a significant amount of sawdust and other flammable material stored in the garage.

 

 

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most Watched Videos