Western Minn. school on alert after e-mail threat

1:32 PM, Mar 15, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

MADISON, Minn. (AP) -- An e-mailed threat has prompted school officials to restrict access to Lac qui Parle Valley High School in western Minnesota.

The West Central Tribune of Willmar reports that Principal Jon Fulton says the e-mail included a threat of a student harming other students or staff.

Fulton says the e-mail was sent Sunday night. The message named a local student, but an investigation has showed that student wasn't really involved.

Fulton says the threat is similar to the one last week that prompted the Minneapolis schools to lock down its buildings for a day and a half.

Like the Minneapolis threat, internet service providers say the e-mail appears to have originated from outside the United States.

Fulton says school activities will continue as scheduled Monday.

 

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most Watched Videos