GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- According to a recent study conducted by the consulting firm, Accenture, nearly two-thirds of grads expect to find jobs in their field of study. Yet in reality, only about half of recent grads succeed in doing so.
So how can college grads find the job they need and want?
Career coach Dr. Dawn Graham from Tiltscale joined us this morning with some suggestions.
Here are her tips:
- Embrace the "try before you buy" mentality of employers.
- Use your University career center or invest in a career coach.
- Get out from behind the computer (networking)
- But before you do that, clean up your social media.
- Don't worry about what other think. Your industry may be more competitive, or may pay less, etc. It is about the best fit for YOU, not your friends.
For more career advise, visit tiltscale.com/.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)