GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- With the economy turning a corner, more and more people are feeling comfortable enough to change positions or even change careers. However, the job market isn't the same as it was just a few years ago. So where does someone get started?
Career management consultant, from Cultivating Careers, Karen Kodzik joined us to talk about how the job market has changed. She also shared tips such as how to covertly look for a position when you already have one or change careers altogether.
1. Be clear and focused about what jobs you want.
2. Make sure your message is crafted in a way that clearly communicates what you want and can offer the employer.
3. Be consistent with your message on your resume, online and in the interview.
4. Approach your search purposefully and with a plan.
5. Be positive, be engaging, build advocates.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)