GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Are you ready for Spring? Even if the weather isn't cooperating, you can still treat your family to a spring brunch favorite, Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
Seth Teiken, Executive Chef, Pazzaluna joined KARE 11 News @4 to show us how to make this family favorite.
Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant's
Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
1 1/2 cup - All Purpose Flour
2 tbl. - Baking Powder
1/2 tsp - cinnamon
1/2 tsp - kosher salt
1/4 cup - sugar
2 cups - ricotta
3 ea. - eggs
1 1/4 cups- milk
2ea - lemon zest & juice
1 pint - blueberries
As Needed - Butter
1. Using a metal mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients
2. Using another metal mixing bowl combine the ricotta, eggs, milk, and lemon zest, juice and combine until all is incorporated.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and incorporate well.
4. Using a hot griddle brush with butter and ladle enough batter to make desired size of pancake and immediately sprinkle with blueberries, cook until golden brown and flip and cook other side till golden brown.
5. Remove from griddle and garnish with favorite toppings, maple syrup, whipped cream, butter, more berries, powdered sugar or all of the above.
Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant will be presenting an all-you-can-eat Easter Brunch Buffet on Sunday, March 31 from 11 am to 3 pm and an a la carte dinner from 4 to 9 pm.
The brunch buffet cost is $28.95 for adults and $14.95 for children 3-11 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are suggested.
For more information on their Easter Brunch, head to:
Pazzaluna Urban Italian Restaurant.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)