GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Most parents wouldn't send their children to bed without dinner, or brushing their teeth. However, in our busy lives as parents, we might forgo finding out how our child's day went.
There are easy steps to fix this and it's all in the book-
"5 Simple Steps to help bring your family closer to God and to each other," written by Dr. Rich Melheim of Stillwater.
Dr. Melheim joined KARE 11 News at 4 to talk about his inspiration to write the book and here are his 5 tips-
1. SHARE your highs and lows every night
2. READ a key Bible verse or story every night.
3. TALK about how the Bible reading might relate to your highs and lows every night.
4. PRAY for one another's highs and lows every night.
5. BLESS one another before turning out the lights on the day.
For more information on the book, head to: Faith Ink
Dr. Rich Melheim is an author, comedian, cartoonist, playwright,
record producer, educational systems designer, international speaker, curriculum developer and composer. He has appeared on 50 network television news shows, from WNBC-NY to KTLA to CNN, consulting on family issues.
Rich is an ordained Lutheran pastor with a BA in Journalism, an MDiv in Theology (Luther Seminary) and a Doctor of Ministries degree from George Fox Evangelical Seminary.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)