GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Many of us can list off our summer favorite foods without taking a breath. However, figuring out what wine to serve with them can make us pause.
Crystal Morris, Executive Chef, of The Capital Grille joined KARE 11 News @4 to explain what the Generous Pour Wine event is all about and serves up a generous steak Delmonico as well.
According to Morris, the Generous Pour Wine Event offers guests the chance to enjoy seven separate world-class wines for only $25 with the purchase of an entrée.
The Generous Pour, which runs through September 1st, offers guests the choice of seven separate varietals including:
- Matanzas Creek, Sauvignon Blanc
- La Crema, Pinot Gris
- Freemark Abby, Chardonnay
- Hartford Court, Pinot Noir
- Kendall-Jackson Highland Estates, Taylor Peak, Merlot
- Atalon, Cabernet
- Arrowood Saralee's Vineyard, Syrah
All of the wines featured with Generous Pour are rated 90 and above (La Crema Pinot Gris and Hartford Court Pinot Noir not yet rated).
Each wine was hand selected by The Capital Grille's Master Sommelier, George Miliotes.
PORCINI CRUSTED DELMONICO
Delmonico Steak, 22 oz./ 1 ea
Olive Oil 2 Tbsp.
Porcini Rub 2 Tbsp.
Balsamic Vinegar, 12 Year Old 2 tsp.
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin 1 tsp.
Watercress Garnish- 3 sprigs
1. Rub the exterior of the Delmonico steak with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
2. Place steak in the porcini rub and press rub onto steak thoroughly coating all sides.
3. Drizzle exterior of steak with additional olive oil. This step may be done one hour in advance.
4. Cook the Delmonico on a grill or broiler (about 3 minutes per side for medium rare)
5. Allow the steak to "rest". Remove the Delmonico from the bone and slice it into 10 pieces
6. Place the Delmonico steak on a hot plate (slice it if serving more than one)
7. Dot the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over steak and around the plate.
For more information, check out The Capital Grille.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )