GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - With hands and feet on full display this time of the year, nail polish is one of your most noticeable accessories. So which shades are worth flaunting?
Christopher Hopkins, of ReVamp! Salon Spa joined KARE 11 News at 4 with some of the summer's top trends for nails.
- Pretty Pastels: Always in with emphasis on pale pinks, peaches, greens and blues.
- Nudes to White: This season, toning down your nails is the new way to play it cool. Also, make the nail short.
- Fresh take on French: The look is easy to do on your own. Just pick contrasting shades that flatter your skin tone and use a small brush to paint on a graphic style-try a half moon, a vertical split, a V-shape or a diagonal strip.
- Flash of Metal: Gold, silver, copper; There are no shortage of luxurious finishes. For those who want to experiment with the trend without going too far, try painting just your tips with a bit of sparkle or decorating one or two nails with specks of gold.
- Almond Shape- Always in style. Don't square off at the edges.
- Color Blocking- Two tones. Whatever you do to one nail, make the others match.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )