GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesotans love their fine food, wines and charities.
This year Make-a-Wish Minnesota combines all three for a great night out on Thursday, Oct. 11 from 6-9 p.m.
Enjoy gourmet food and wines from some of the area's top chefs, restaurants and caterers while taking in the beautiful, state-of-the-art kitchens at ALL, Inc. in St. Paul.
Chef Michael Rakun, Mill Valley Kitchen's executive chef, will be there and joined KARE 11 News @4 to show a tasty burger that his restaurant is known for.
Mill Valley Kitchen's Veggie Burger-
1/3 cup bulgar wheat
1/3 cup red lentils
¼ cup cashew powder
1/2 cup red beets
1/2 cup shitake mushrooms
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tbsp shallot
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tt salt
1 tt black pepper
1) Scrub beets, and roast in 350 F oven until just cooked
2) Soak bulgar and lentils seperately in water for at least 4 hours
3) Place cashews into robot coupe and make a powder
4) Place olive oil into a saute pan
5) Sweat garlic and shallot and then add shitake, season with salt
6) When beets are cooked, peel and cut into large dice
7) Combine all ingredients and puree together in a food processor
8) Scoop 3oz into a hot non stick pan with 1 tsp olive oil
Season patty with salt and pepper
At Delicious Wishes guests will experience gourmet food and wine tastings from local partners such as, Mill Valley Kitchen, Masu Sushi and Robata, Scusi, Axel's and Axel's Bonfire, Caramel Cupcake by Sweets Bakeshop, Famiglia Meschini, Thomas Liquors, Third Street Brewery and more.
For ticket information, head to Make-A-Wish Minnesota.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)