ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The 43rd annual Minnesota Sportsmen's Boat, Camping, and Vacation Show is now going on at the Saint Paul River Centre now through Sunday January 13th.
The Sportsmen's Show offers various exhibits from new model boats, to RV'S, marine electronics, fishing and hunting gear, camping equipment, and more! Daily seminars also take place by fishing and hunting pros and are free for those attending.
Tickets are $9 for adults, $2.50 for children ages 6 to 12, and free for ages 5 and under.
Co-host of Minnesota Bound, Laura Schara, stopped by KARE Saturday morning to talk about the show and share a special chili recipe.
For more information on the Sportsmen's Show please visit their website at www.stpaulsportshow.com.
Chili recipe can be found below.
- ¼ - Cup Olive oil
- 1 ½ # - ground venison
- 1 Cup - Diced yellow onion
- 4 - Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS-Yellow Mustard
- 1/3 Cup - Chili Powder (mild)
- 1 TBS - Ground Cumin
- 1 TBS - Ground Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp - Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 2, 14 oz. cans - Crushed tomatoes
- 1, 16 oz. cans - Black beans (optional)
- 2 Cups - Dark Beer or Beef stock
- Seasoned salt to taste - Approx. 1 TBS ( I prefer smoked Sea Salt)
- Pre heat 8 quart cast iron skillet or comparable soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and place ground venison in pan to brown. Stir frequently to prevent scorching and also to break into small pieces.
- Add onion, garlic, mustard and dry spices. Continue to stir over medium high heat until vegetables are soft.
- Next add beans, tomatoes & dark beer.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover with lid and stir occasionally. Simmer for approx. 1 ½ hours, remove lid and simmer additional ½ hour until nice and thick.
- top with Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream, cilantro and a slice of avocado
Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed