MINNEAPOLIS -- The Capitol Grille in Minneapolis will be hosting the 7th Annual Grand Slam event on Sunday to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club of the Twin Cities.
Minnesota Twins players and local sports starts will wait tables Sunday to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club. The event will also feature a silent and live auction with one-of-a-kind sports memorabilia.
Grand Slam event will take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Capitol Grille in Minneapolis.
Chef Crystal Morris from Capital Grille stopped by the KARE kitchen Saturday to share one of the recipes for Sunday.
Porcine crusted filet mignon:
- Filet Mignon, 10 oz 1 ea
- Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
- Porcini Rub 2 Tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar, 12 Year Old 2 tsp
- Olive Oil, Extra Virgin 1 tsp
- Watercress Garnish 3 sprigs
- Rub the exterior of the Filet steak with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Place steak in the porcini rub and press rub onto steak thoroughly coating all sides.
- Drizzle exterior of steak with additional olive oil. This step may be done one hour in advance.
- Cook the Filet on a grill or broiler (about 3 minutes per side for medium rare)
- Allow the steak to "rest" before cutting .
- Place the Filet Mignon on a hot plate (slice it if serving more than one)
- Drizzle the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over steak and around the plate.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)