GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Tis the season for holiday parties. With that in mind, Phillips Distilling President and CEO Dean Phillips shared some terrific Hot Toddy recipes with KARE 11 News @4.
Revel Stoke Canadian Toddy
Pour an ounce of Revel Stoke Spiced Whisky into a cup of tea (Phillips likes cinnamon spiced tea), stir in a spoonful of honey and garnish with a slice of lemon and a cinnamon stick.
Al's Peppermint Paddy
Pour an ounce of Phillips Sno Shoe Grog into a mug, fill with hot cocoa, top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Prairie Vodka Apple Cider Toddy
Pour an ounce of Prairie Organic Vodka into a mug, fill with natural hot apple cider, a half ounce of clove simple syrup* and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
(*to make clove simple syrup: combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Add 7-10 whole cloves and boil until sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before straining out cloves and discarding.)
Prairie Vodka Infusions
Each infusion requires one bottle of Prairie Vodka. You will need to pour out some of the vodka from the bottle to allow room for the infusion ingredients.
- Apple Cinnamon - 1 Organic Honey Crisp apple, 4 cinnamon sticks
- Bloody Mary - 1 pasilla pepper, ½ yellow bell pepper, 1 habanero Pepper, 1 jalapeno pepper, 6 chives
- Cucumber Mint - ½ English cucumber, fresh bruised mint leaves
- Espresso Cinnamon Vanilla - ½ cup espresso beans, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean
- Lemon Lime - 1 Meyer lemon, 1 lime
- Pear Ginger Rosemary - 1 Bartlett pear, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 10 pieces sliced ginger
(Copyright 2011 KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)