GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The Saint Paul Hotel has begun accepting reservations for at its deliciously-decadent spring holiday brunches, held in the holiday's ballroom.
The lavish, traditional brunches, presented in the "grand hotel" style of decades past, will be offered from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Easter Day (Sunday, April 8) and Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13).
Reservations can now be made by calling 651-292-9292 or online at saintpaulhotel.com.
Executive Chef Lance Kapps offered up one of his delicious dessert recipes:
Pink Peppercorn Meringue
For the Meringue:
12 tablespoons Egg Whites
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1.5 tsp Cornstarch
0.5 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 Tbsp Pink Peppercorns
2 Tbsp Strawberry Sauce (See Recipe)
12 oz Cream Cheese Icing (See Recipe)
1) Trace six 3 inch circles onto parchment paper, spacing apart. Invert paper onto baking sheet.
2) In a 5 quart mixing bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
3) Gradually add ¾ Cup of Sugar. Beat until medium firm.
4) Mix remaining ¼ Cup of Sugar with the Cornstarch; gradually add to the meringue mixture until stiff peaks form and glossy.
5) Beat in vinegar, strawberry sauce and fold in peppercorns.
6) Divide meringue equally among the circles; mounding and filling circles, using the back of a spoon create a "nest" that will be for the filling.
7) Bake at 150 degrees until dry (about 3 hours).
8) Store in an airtight container.
Place the meringue on a plate top with 2-3 ounces of cream cheese icing. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries, mint and strawberry sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )