ST. PAUL, Minn. - An elderly woman was rescued after a fire broke out in her kitchen when she was making pancakes on Saturday morning.
Fire officials said that some plastic got too close to the heat source at a home on the 300 block of Fry Street.
The woman tried to extinguish the fire herself, but it got out of control, officials said.
The woman was taken to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.
A firefighter fell through the upstairs floor while fighting the blaze. He was treated at the scene and released.