FARGO, N.D. - A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who bit into a Tide detergent pod is being treated for poisoning at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., turned 1 last week. He was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo over the weekend.
Family members say he thought the pod was a treat and poisoned by the liquid detergent inside. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.
The poisoning was first reported by KVLY-TV. WDAY-TV reported Wednesday that Alexander is sedated and on breathing tubes but not making any progress.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)