GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- There are plenty of people searching for variety on their lunch break.
Few, however, find it by saving someone's life.
Mark Schrader was eating lunch at Chipotle when a woman sitting at the table next to him started choking on her burrito. Donna Taylor got a piece of steak caught in her throat, and began gasping for breath.
Schrader jumped into action, stepping behind Taylor and giving her the Heimlich maneuver. The piece of steak dislodged, and when she finally caught her breath Taylor was understandably grateful to the man who saved her.
"I was very frightened and my friend unable to help, then you came along.. my savior," Taylor said to Schrader. "I'll remember you for the rest of my life, and I'll pay it forward, I promise," she added, giving him a hug.
"It all happened so fast," Schrader remarked humbly. "it's all about circumstances."
We learned about this story because two KARE employees, Cindy Chapman and Christin Wilson, just happened to be at Chipotle and witnessed the whole ordeal.
(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)