Duluth tourism takes $3 million hit after flooding

4:14 PM, Jul 1, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

DULUTH, Minn. -- Damage from record-breaking flooding in northeast Minnesota has caused a major loss for Duluth's tourism industry.

Visit Duluth's President and CEO Terry Mattson says the city took a $3 million hit last week.

Mattson says most of damage is in pockets of residential areas in the region. Popular Duluth attractions were not affected by the high water.

"Fortunately, the visitor experience came through unscathed. Canal Park, the downtown area, attractions, festivals, traffic arteries, etc. are all in place just as you remember," Mattson says.

Tourism officials want to get the word out that Duluth is open for business.

For more information about Duluth's attractions, visit the city's convention and visitor's bureau website: visitduluth.com.

(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Most Watched Videos