GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn-- Everybody's favorite BBQ King, "Famous Dave" Anderson, is combining his passion for food with helping others.
Dave is the celebrity host of Stomp For Mental Health's big fundraising event on Saturday, September 29, 2012.
The annual event raises money for Relate Counseling Center which provides mental health services for people living in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities.
When: Saturday, September 29, 2012
6 pm to 10pm
Where: Warehouse Winery
6415 Cambridge Street
St. Louis Park
Tickets: $50.00 per person. Call 952-932-7277 or email email@example.com for details.
Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce
Yield: 2 quart
1. In stock pot, fry bacon until crisp over medium heat. Remove bacon. Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add water and scrape of bits from bottom of pot.
2. Add triple Sec, raisins, jalapeno and garlic. Reduce to syrup consistency. About 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place balsamic vinegar, chopped apple, orange juice - pineapple concentrate, molasses, cider vinegar, lemon juice and lime juice in a food processor. Add reduced raisin mix. Puree until smooth. Return to stock pot.
4. Add corn syrup, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, chili powder, salt, red pepper flakes,
cayenne and black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes
5. Remove from heat and stir in Liquid Smoke.
6. Cool in ice bath to 40 degrees. Label, date and refrigerate.
(Copyright 2012 KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)